1) Warm-up exercise: timed posing for Terrified
Here's some fun reference from Nightmares Fear Factory in Niagra Falls
- Treat the dialogue like music
- Stop thinking like an Animator
- Some tricks to get you changing up the performance. 'Look Ma: No hands', 'Kneel', and 'Footsteps Only'
- How to pick and mark Keys and Breakdowns
- Draw-over for better posing.
3) Additional reference: some great videos about good posing by Keith Lango
Here's another short page talking about elements of good posing. The drawings in this article are not great, but the notion is relevant:
Great example of making the most of movement in an animated acting piece.