We've got a lot to do today so we'll get right to it.
1) A quick presentation on Valence and Arousal (this will make more sense later)
2) Posing workflow
- Gather/Create reference (web search, doodling, act it out and shoot video, grab a mirror)
- Examine/Analyse reference (draw-over for silhouette, line of action, balance)
- Pose character from core to extremity (what moves a lot? what moves a little?)
- Repeat (2nd pass, 3rd pass etc. etc.)
3) Timed posing exercise: Pick a high arousal, positive valence emotion. 5 min for reference, 10 min to pose the character. Group review of poses
4) Discussion: What are the criteria for good posing (define Silhouette, Balance and Line of Action)
Check out the articles on posing here, here and here from Animator Island.
5) 3dsMax: Animation preview / trouble shooting.
output should be 960x540 resolution, Mpeg-4 compressed .avi (<100MB)
6) Hand in Robot Jump work in progress for upload to SyncSketch
our review is HERE on Syncsketch
7) Feedback on Robot Jump work in progress.
|Were there also dudes grabbing socks? Also, is there any way to know when a single sock goes missing if it was a right foot or left foot? These are the questions that haunt me.|