Monday, May 25, 2020

Summer 2020

As you all know, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to grind away. The lock-down measures are easing, slowly in some places, quickly in others. Frequent comparisons to the 1918 flu pandemic are fodder for social media. It seems that how you respond to the recommended safety measures is a sort of political signaling now. It makes me feel so tired: like I've been holding my breath for days and only notice when I sigh.

There are so many aspects to this that I would have never imagined or predicted but I try to focus on the positive stories in this crazy situation. I am extremely thankful to be living in a place where cases are few. It haunts me to think of the number of people who have lost their lives in this. Today there are over 345,000 family members taken too soon. It puts all other difficulties in perspective.


Winter and Blue hope you're doing OK.

We continue to foster kittens to add some bright light to our day. A furry cuddle can make a huge difference.

The fall semester at Fanshawe will be fully online. All of my working time is spent preparing ANC and ANI for this new delivery method. How to build a rapport with a new cadre of students will be the most important question to answer. I am fortunate to be working with an awesome team of educators and I learn a lot every day.

Stay well, stay safe, stay sane.